Happy International Women’s Day! Today is a day to use your time, voice, and skills to champion women of all ages, races, and walks of life. In fact, March is actually Women's History Month, so beyond today, this month offers a chance to celebrate strong women and the causes and organizations that support them. Something that our team at GEN/C does on the daily! We've broken down five ways you can celebrate and support women both today and all month long:
Click That Follow Button
Follow a few organizations or fellow women on Instagram that champion and support others year-round. Something as simple as a follow not only helps you personally get more informed over time, but also helps these people and groups gain much-deserved awareness for their causes. If you see something you like, share it to your stories every once in a while so that others can learn about it too. We will list a few that we love below:
- @faviana: Faviana is our sister brand with a mission dedicated to help women feel good and to celebrate themselves. Follow along for photos that inspire, uplift, and shows how beautiful ALL women are inside and out!
- @femalecollective: Featuring self-care reminders and inspirational quotes on self-love, growth, and mental health, @femalecollective founded by activist Candace Reels aims to celebrate, uplift, support and empower women.
- @makerswomen: @makerswomen tells real-life stories, both insightful and relatable, of female change makers. From film snippets and interview clips to inspiring quotes and funny memes, the platform offers meaningful posts that will ignite your inner potential.
- @rupikaur_: A well-known poet, Rupi Kaur is the author of the bestselling book “Milk and Honey”. Her poetry speaks to a large audience, especially women as it is both empowering and deeply relatable. Coupled with minimalist illustrations, her work is highly revered and sends a positive message of self-love, growth and self-pride.
- @girlboss: Girlboss celebrates powerful and influential women, not just in the financial sense, but also social workers, volunteers and so on. Their Instagram feed is super uplifting while being aesthetically pleasing.
Donate even a small amount to a worthy charitable organization. We're doing our part by donating 5% of the proceeds from every item purchased on gencnyc.com to Catalyst from March 8th - March 15th! Make sure to check out our site to not only invest in an items that spread messages that inspire, empower and motivate, but gives back and lifts women up as well!